GIVE COVID-19 RESPONSE FUND
THE MISSION OF OUR Y IS BIGGER THAN OUR BUILDING
Like you, we here at the Superior Douglas County Family YMCA find ourselves in uncharted territory as we face the community health and economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to best serve our community, we converted our building into an essential child care only service for families with no other option when our building was closed March 17-May 31.
Closing our facility and canceling our programs caused a serious loss of revenue for our non-profit organization. And yet, our need for support is greater than ever.
Did You Know?
- The YMCA is a non-profit charitable organization that relies on consistent membership and program revenue as well as fundraising to offer the services we do.
- EVERYTHING we make goes directly back to our community.
- Childcare: We continue to provide care for essential workers as well as school days out on Wednesdays. We have a good deal of health workers using our services, which we are charging for and also offer scholarships.
- We have partnered with the school district to provide free meals and snacks to these children including hot lunch.
- We have currently retained full-time staff and most part-time staff, most of which are working remotely in departments such as membership, finance, marketing, and wellness.
- Much of our overhead remains unchanged despite closing. The revenue we are generating from childcare does not go far toward utilities, insurance, payroll, etc. Membership and programming account for about 90% of our funding. We do not receive any significant government funding.
During the closure, the Y provided the following to keep our members engaged:
- Fitness: We offered virtual workouts through Facebook and YouTube that our community can continue to access.
- Family Resources: Our teachers created virtual activities for families to participate in at home.
- Member Outreach: Our staff reached out to members by email and/or phone to ensure everyone has access to resources to stay healthy and active.
Please, if you can, make a donation today to the Superior Douglas County Family YMCA “COVID-19 Response Fund” to help us make sure we have what we need to weather this crisis as we continue to serve the most vulnerable people in our community.
Thank you for your support of the Superior Douglas County Family YMCA. Together we can do so much more!